Total Pageviews

Sunday 31 July 2011

step 3, weed control!What am i growing?grass!!!aaaargh!

So now this is what they call commitment. luckily I'm still in the honeymoon period of the relationship and i would be down there all the time if my back and children would allow it, but unfortunately not at the moment as it is quite hot. No amount of bribing from ice-creams to watching favourite films all afternoon seems to be working as there is no shade down there. so every time we go back it is as if someone has secretly sewn quick grow grass seed all over my newly rotivated and partially turned soil!
A plan of action needs to be made! We have decided to get weed control or membrane sheeting and have it at 2m widths all the way up the allotment, hold them all down with blocks or whatever we can find, then rotate the plots for now maybe uncover 2 at a time depending on how much space i need. I am also going to try phacelia tanacetifolia, green manure, as recommended by Dee from Green Side Up Veg. I am also going to rotate this so we can be feeding a bit of ground at the same time as using some of the other parts. You can get this at most garden centers i believe. I got mine from Millbrook Garden center. Anyway that's the plan so this hopefully is the last time you will see my allotment looking like a scene from a war film!(without the soldiers(sadly!))

2 comments:

  1. I do love a good plot blog! How can I add as a follower?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi choco!i have added a new gadget thing to the top of the page so you can put your email in and it should alert you if i do anything i think!let me know if not!xx

    ReplyDelete